OKRUHY TÉM NA ÚSTNU ČASŤ , REÁLIE
1. Geography of the UK – geographical situation, industries and agriculture.
2. Geography of the USA– geographical situation, industries and agriculture.
3. The system of government and political parties in the UK – Law and order – present state.
4. The system of government and political parties in the USA – Law and order – present state.
5. Education in the UK – The system, similarities and differences.
6. Education in the USA – The system, similarities and differences.
7. The capital of the UK – general information.
8. The capital of the USA – general information.
9. Customs and traditions in the UK and the USA - holidays and memorable days,
typical way of living, housing, leisure, sports.
10. History of USA – Important periods
11. History of UK – Important periods
12. Mass Media – press, radio, television, the Internet
13. My favourite British writer – his/her life and work
14. My favourite American writer – his/her life and work
OKRUHY KONVERZAČNÝCH TÉM
1. My family. – members of my family, sharing housework, relationships,
traditional roles of men and women.
2. House or flat? – pros and cons; what makes a real home?
3. Living in a town and in the country – advantages and disadvantages. Which one do you prefer?
4. Daily programme – your occupation and place of work / school, hobbies.
5. Slovakia and my hometown – the most significant places of interest –
natural resorts and historical sights.
6. Shopping – kinds of shops, range of goods and services – pros and cons.
7. Education – reasons for learning foreign languages, your future plans.
8. Travelling – means of transport in our country and abroad – pros and cons.
9. Holidays - kinds of holiday, arrangements - pros and cons; your typical holiday.
10. Food – British, American and Slovak cuisine – similarities and differences.
11. Nature and environmental policy - threats, alternative sources of energy.
12. Sports – summer/winter sports, The Olympic Games – pros and cons,
a means of enhancing international friendship.
13. Human relationships – kinds of relationships,
differences from the past and present, models, norms and manners.
14. Mass media – press, TV, radio, the Internet – advantages and disadvantages